4 children suffer burn injuries as school van catches fire in Karachi
Four school children in Karachi suffered burn injuries on Saturday when their van caught fire, DawnNewsTV reported citing Orangi Town police.
The police said that the children were shifted to Civil Hospital Karachi, where two of the injured quartet were admitted to the burns center.
The hospital’s burns center in charge, Dr. Ahmer, said that the children had received minor injuries and were out of danger.
According to a fire brigade official, the van was carrying children to their school when it caught fire due to a short circuit.
The short circuit occurred as the vehicle heated up, the official said, adding that the van’s inner portion was badly damaged due to the resultant blaze.