An inventory of 172 folks named in a joint investigation group’s (JIT) report concerning the pretend accounts case, who has been positioned on the Exit Management Checklist (ECL), was acquired by DawnNewsTV on Friday.
Warning: the training curve forward
The checklist consists of the names of well-known politicians, public servants, lawmakers, businessmen, bankers, and public servants. Some distinguished names embody:
- Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, PPP chairman and MNA
- Asif Ali Zardari, MNA and PPP co-chairman
- Faryal Talpur, MPA and PPP chief
- Murad Ali Shah, Sindh chief minister
- Qaim Ali Shah, MPA and former Sindh chief minister
- Abdul Ghani Majeed, Omni Group
- Anwar Majeed Khawaja, Omni Group
- Muhammad Arif Khan, Omni Group
- Ali Kamal Majeed, Omni Group
- Khawaja M. Salman Younis, Omni Group chief officer
- Nimr Majid Khawaja, Omni Group
- Malik Riaz, Bahria City CEO
- Ahsan Raza Durrani, Summit Financial institution president
- Hussain Lawai, Summit Financial institution president
- Bilal Shaikh, Sindh Financial institution president
- Ahsan Tariq, Sindh Financial institution president
- Syed Ali Raza, Nationwide Financial institution of Pakistan president
- Ali Azeem Ikram, SECP government director
Earlier this week, a JIT probing cash laundering of billions of rupees by pretend financial institution accounts instructed the Supreme Court docket shut nexus had been discovered between a troika of Zardari Group, Bahria City and Omni Group. In a report, submitted to a two-judge bench headed by the chief justice, revealed that a minimum of 29 financial institution accounts had been recognized as pretend which had been used for cash laundering of Rs42 billion.
The highest courtroom had ordered the Zardari Group, Omni Group, Bahria City, Faryal Talpur and others, together with contractors/builders, to file their feedback on the JIT report by the subsequent listening to, that will probably be held on Dec 31.
Yesterday, Data Minister Fawad Chaudhry had introduced in a press convention that the federal cupboard had determined to position all 172 of the suspects named in a joint investigation group’s report within the pretend financial institution accounts case on the ECL.
Chaudhry defined that the choice was taken as a result of “this cash belongs to the folks of Pakistan”.
Not petrified of ‘revenge’: PPP
PPP chief Sherry Rehman, in response to the position of the names of her celebration’s chairperson and co-chairperson on the ECL, accused the federal government of exacting “revenge”.
In a media assertion, Rehman expressed “grave reservations” on the choice and mentioned that the PPP was “not petrified of such conspiracies and media trials”.
The senator regretted that the names of Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and Asif Ali Zardari have been positioned on the ECL “on the day of Benazir’s demise anniversary”. She mentioned that the “custom” of putting the names of lawmakers on ECL was “undemocratic”.
Rehman termed the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) as Tehreek-i-Intiqaam (motion for revenge) and mentioned that the federal government’s intention was to not serve folks however to precise political revenge. She accused the PTI of “paralysing the Sindh authorities” and questioned if the celebration was “petrified of a seasoned man (Bilawal)”.
She warned that if the PTI authorities doesn’t “be taught to distinguish between accountability and revenge”, it should face penalties.